Joomla restaurant menu and online ordering
The days when the pdf menus were acceptable are long gone. Today it’s super easy to create your Joomla restaurant menu. With the GloriaFood menu editor you get all the help you need.
- Choices and add-ons for customizing your items while keeping your menu clean and easy to browse;
- Free stock of food images to stimulate appetite;
- Online promotions support.
A good online menu generates sales. Allow your customers to order online for pickup or delivery. It’s completely free, no commissions or fees, unlimited orders.
Your customer will find the checkout really convenient and user friendly.
How it works
Create a GloriaFood account a fill in your restaurant profile. Insert your food menu and install the mobile app for receiving the online orders. This is all visual, clicks and drag & drops.
Once you’re done, you receive your custom See Menu & Order button. It’s a piece of HTML code that you copy-paste in your Joomla website. See instructions below.
How to add the menu button in Joomla
Start by checking your Joomla settings:
- In the top navigation, go to System → Global Configuration
- At Default Editor, make sure have Editor – CodeMirror selected
Having this done, go to your homepage and find a good spot for placing. Make sure it’s easily visible, above the fold.
- Go to Extensions → Module and click on New to create a new module. Select the type Custom HTML
- Give it a proper name and paste in your unique html button code
- Select the position for your button
- Click Save & Close
If all done right, the menu button will show up on your Joomla website, like this:
You can customize it further to match your design and you can add it as many times you need throughout your website.